Monday, August 1, 2011




The view from here (actually from over by the office)
  Went to pick up my mail at the Post Office shortly after noon, then to "Charlie's Groceries and Ice Cream" store to get milk. Just couldn't make it past the ice cream counter without stopping to buy a "single dip of praline-pecan ice cream in a waffle cone" - Mmmmmmm!  Later went to what I call "Happy Hour" - a gathering under the trees by the creek (well, it would be a creek if it had any water in it - right now it's just a "slough" full of rocks!). This happens every afternoon at 4:00 - everyone takes lawn chairs and drinks and the women form one large circle with their chairs, the men form their own circle, and a whole lotta visitin' goes on! A good way for everyone to get acquainted, & I have met most of the women in the park this way - don't remember very many of their names, but I've met them! :)  I walked over by the office to take this picture - near sundown.

1 comment: