Friday, August 19, 2011


I started working on the Sweet Adelines show program this morning early - sending letters to my advertisers that I normally would go see. Around 9:30, RG showed up (RV park rule/custom: If you're available to people, you leave your outside door open and they can just holler at you inside - if your door is closed, they may or may not knock  -  they may just figure you're busy taking a nap, or whatever and go on). He hollered in my open door and told me he reckoned it would be a good day for him to finish the repairs on the under side of my camper where the water had weighted the sheeting stuff down and forced it's way out onto the ground, thereby leaving an opening that needed to be closed up. I can't describe the problem or the solution here, but he got it fixed, (with a little bit of help from me) then proceeded to instruct me on how to adjust the awning so it would go up and down easier, and we did that, and it does!  He has told me, in no uncertain terms, that he will not accept any pay for his work, but I had cooked a roast with potatoes and carrots yesterday and had far more left over than I could eat, so when I fixed a dish of that for him to take home, he accepted it. He's a nice old man - 82 years old, and takes a lot of pride in being able to fix things for people. I walked down to his camper to help carry his tools home, and met his wife. She told me she had talked to my Grandaughter - Yep! Sydney was here! :)

Went to Happy Hour over under the trees from 4-5, then was invited to share in some home made  ice cream at the neighbors - 3rd camper down, after that.  Mary Ann came by and invited me around 6:00 -   a very enjoyable evening - a small group of 9 people sitting under their awning, eating ice cream and talking. I patted myself on the back for remembering to take my lawn chair - another RV park custom/rule: If you're invited to someone's "house", you always take a lawn chair, because (a) no one has any extra seating and (b) you will always be sitting outside. It was a beautiful evening - temp about 72 with light breeze.

Another nice day...........

1 comment: