Monday, August 15, 2011

About my flooded camper - It's still wet, but getting dryer. I soaked up as much water as I could with towels, etc., then borrowed a shop vac. and sucked water out of the carpet. Didn't have much on the floor to get wet, but had a big pile of throw rugs, towels, chair throws, etc., which I took to the laundromat. Keeping a fan running all the time, and everything opened up to let the air thru as much as possible. Yesterday, Harris & Kit - neighbors on the south side and the ones that had noticed the water running out and had shut it off - came over. He had been looking underneath, and saw some bulges in the undercover sheeting (not the right name, but I don't know what it's called) where water had apparently gathered on top of it and was pushing it down. He had several ideas about what to do about it, but no time to help me, as they were pulling out this morning - SO - this morning, by about 9:00am, I was under the camper, punching holes to drain the water. I had some success, but had no idea what to do next, when another "old guy" came along and saw my feet sticking out :) and offered to help! He showed up at exactly the right time - right when I was about to the end of my rope, trying to figure out what to do. After 2-3 hours of effort - R.G.(I have no idea what his name is. He told me a big long story about it - says it stands for "Real Good") & I poked more holes and put some braces to push up on the bulges. Tom (the park owner) came by and offered to loan me a shop vac, which we fixed so it blows air into the space where the water is, and I have been keeping it going most of the afternoon. The inside of the camper is getting pretty well dried out, and I hope after a couple of days of letting it drain, and blowing it out with the shop vac, the underneath will be OK. It's a very good thing this didn't happen while I had company, as there would have been MUCH more stuff on the floor to get wet!

 I have signed up for a spinning/weaving workshop at the library in Walsenburg that is tomorrow and wednesday from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm, so I will be doing that for the next 2 days.

 The cause of all this was a small hose that supplies water to the toilet stool came "unconnected"! I put it back on myself and tightened the clamp holding it, but will be keeping an eye on it for quite awhile - that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment