Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monday and Tuesday, started serious packing to go home!!  Monday I went to Walsenburg to talk to George at Birco about storing my camper. He's such a rough looking old guy! And his place is dirty and jumbled and full of stuff! I really hate to have to go there. He really is nice to me, but certainly not a businessman!! When I asked if I could come by Thurs. on the way thru town to pay him, he was almost offended! He said " you can just send me a check". I said "Will you send me a bill so I know how much to pay you?", and he said "Naww", "You have the receipt from last year, don't your? Well, just make it the same amount"!!  He did promise to come and get the camper Thursday, although he wouldn't say what time. During the conversation, I mentioned that I may want to sell my camper, and he jumped right on that, and it ended up that he is going to put a for sale sign on it. When he asked how much I want, I said $14,000. He pretty much told me I won't get that much, and would probably end up selling it for less - Oh Well - it's worth a try! He also said he will do whatever I don't get done - like putting the sewer hose away, etc., so I guess I'll see what I get done, and then maybe call him and ask him to do the rest - or maybe call him tomorrow? Got the awning rolled up and the carpet dried out, folded and stored, and most of the stuff packed in the car.

Got a motel reservation made at Super 8 in Lamar for Thurs. night - one more night after tonight and I'll be on my way!! I'm so excited to be going home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment