Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lunch at the Dog Bar

Went to the Dog Bar for lunch today with Viola and Doyle Winters. Nice little "outing"! After we ate, we drove on past Cuchara and up to the failed "Cuchara Mountain Ski Resort" which, I guess, someone is still trying to bring back to life. There are a number of buildings - big condo-type places that look like they were really nice places at one time. Some cars around, like maybe a few people still live there. Other buildings that were the office and maybe a store at one time.  Doyle said it was in business for several years, don't know why it failed - maybe not enough snow? Wish I would have taken some pictures - again! I don't know how many times I have wished that - when will I learn I need to take pics EVERY time I do something different or go sightseeing!  Quiet evening, got my paints out and did a little painting - left them all out so maybe incentive to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment