Friday, July 29, 2011

Train ride

Another busy day! Rode the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad out to the top of La Veta Pass where some very enjoyable music and entertainment was presented in a natural ampitheatre run by solar and wind power.  Kelly, Teresa & I boarded the train at about 9:45, and returned around 5:00.  One highlight of the trip was the 7 or 8 bears sighted alongside the track in one area.  Later, K & T came over & we had one last evening of visiting - they will leave early in the morning to go to Colorado Springs & pick up Teresa's Mom, then return to Kansas.  They will be driving to Lawrence first to help Kristen & Leah move, then on home to Wichita on Sunday.  I will have a few days of solitude before driving to Dodge City next week to meet Kerry & Tracey and pick up John & Sydney.  I will miss my company, no doubt about it, but if I'm going to pursue this lifestyle, I'd better expect to be alone quite a bit of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment