Tuesday, July 12, 2011

.............the rest of the story about the awning. About 30 minutes after I got it up and took the picture (and sat under it - smiling) the wind came up and started blowing pretty hard. I was struggling to get it down and having trouble when a neighbor showed up to help me. I'm finding out that the wind blows in Colorado too - maybe not quite as hard as at home, but I'll probably just leave the darned awning down from now on!  Later yesterday I drove to Walsenburg (15 mi.) to Dollar General and a hardware store. Also noticed a Safeway there, so a little more shopping there than in La Veta.

Today I decided I needed to start getting out more, so was walking Katy over by the river (really more like a creek) and talked to a lady whose trailer is parked nearby. She invited me to come to "Happy Hour" at 4:00. Everyone brings their lawn chair and whatever they want to drink and they put the chairs in a big circle there by the river under the trees and have a "gabfest". I went, met a bunch of women and enjoyed it. There are actually two circles of chairs - one for the women and another for the men - a great way to get acquainted!

No comments:

Post a Comment