Saturday, June 29, 2013

Went to Trinidad this morning to get some things at Walmart. Nice day - took Katie with me, stopped at the Rest Stop just north of Trinidad, went on to Walmart, then to the Wonderful House to pick up some chinese food for lunch.  Instead of eating it there, I drove back up to the same rest stop - which, by the way is very nice and most of the people that stop there are families, with a few truckers thrown in.  While eating at one of the shaded picnic tables, a young mother brought her little (2 - 3 yr old) girl to ask if she could pet Katy, which of course was fine with me! A few minutes later the same little girl was back with her grandma - evidently all 3 traveling together. I had an interesting conversation with the grandma - she had lost her husband 10 years ago and we exchanged "stories".  She gave me lots of encouragement for my travels - seemed like someone I could be friends with if that were possible, which, of course, its not!  Anyway - it was fun talking with her!  When I got back "home" - neighbor  Max Geary came over to say "Hi, I see you're back" - and talk a couple of minutes (he knew I was going to Trinidad) then Harris from across the "street" came over to see if I got the awning anchor parts he had told me to get. I had, so he got busy and reinforced the anchoring setup for my awning.  I'm friends with these guys wives too. It's just that they are all really nice to me.  Rained a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment